Friday, June 26, 2009

MIA Moment

Having Courage by Conquering our Fears
 
Everyone feels afraid at some point. Any change, even positive chages like marriage or a promotion, can prompt feelings of fear. Many of us are living in worry and fear at the moment - the fincncial crises, changes in the government and crime are real issues that keep some of us awake at night.
 
Billy Graham says that the opposite of fear is trust - trust in God and His unchanging love. Once we realise god is in control and He holds us in His loving hands, we can meet life's dangers and uncertainties with confidence. After all, if we can trust God for our eternal salvation, can't we also trust Him for our lives right now?
 
The Bible reminds us repeatedly, "Do not be afraid." Here are some Bible verses to help you overcome fears and anxieties in your life:
 
Be strong and couageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Jos 1:9)
 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Ps 23:4)
 
The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shal I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shal I be afraid? (Ps 27:1)
 
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose Word I praise, In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? (PS 56:3-4)
 
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of our right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you. (Isa 41:13)
 
Do not be afraid of thos who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both sould & body in hell. (Mt 10:28)
 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid (Jn 14:27)
 
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slav again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba Father." (Ro 8:15)
 
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. (1 co 16:13)
 
Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." (1 Pe 3:13-14)
 
 
This week's MIA moment was submitted by Debbie Bevan.

No comments:

Post a Comment